My NHS practice is at the Bristol Royal Infirmary & Bristol Heart Institute.
The Bristol Heart Institute (BHI) was opened in 2009, designed in partnership with patients, staff and the public and provides a dedicated service for people with heart conditions across Bristol and the South West. We are also an active research centre, exploring better way to combat and prevent heart disease.
We have a new award winning building located behind the Bristol Royal Infirmary.
The facilities for cardiac surgery include four fully equipped cardiac operating theatres, one of these is a hybrid theatre allowing combined cardiac surgery and cardiological procedures. This is supported by a 25 bedded intensive care/high dependency unit. Ward accomodation is provided on Ward C705 and C708.
In order to become an patient of the BHI, you need to have a letter of referral from your General Practitioner to be seen as an NHS patient. Your GP can arrange an appointment directly via the choose and book system or by sending me a referral letter to the address below.
Mr Hunaid Ahmed Vohra
C/o Deborah Griffiths (Secretary)
The Bristol Heart Institute
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
Bristol Royal Infirmary
Clinics & Surgery
Clinic: Monday morning
Surgery: Tuesdays and Fridays
Ward Contact Details
To contact any of the wards within the Bristol Heart Institute, please use the following numbers:
- Ward C705 (was ward 51) Cardiology / Cardiac Surgery: 0117 342 6551
- Ward C708 (was ward 52) Cardiac Surgery: 0117 342 6552
- Ward C805 (was ward 53) Cardiology: 0117 342 6553
- Ward C808 (was ward 54) Respiratory: 0117 342 6554
- CICU Cardiac Intensive Care C604: 0117 342 5941
- HDU High Dependency Unit: 0117 342 0330
- CCU Coronary Care Unit C603: 0117 342 6528
- Trust switchboard: 0117 923 0000
- Outpatients Reception: 0117 342 6501